Sat, Oct 28|
25 Forest Manor Rd
YMCA Collaboration with BAREV
Settlement and employment, career choices, developing job search strategies, learning about employability skills needed to succeed in Canada with focus on soft skills, networking skills, building communications, active listening and self-marketing skills.
Time & Location
Oct 28, 2017, 10:00 a.m. – Dec 16, 2017, 12:00 p.m.
25 Forest Manor Rd, 25 Forest Manor Rd, North York, ON M2J 1M4, Canada
About The Event
Barev Centre in collaboration with YMCA will start a series of information sessions for you starting October 28th for 8 weeks!
Nairy Markarian, M.B.A / Information Referral Specialist / Newcomer Information Centre from YMCA will facilitate the sessions in Forest Manor Public School (located at 25 Forest Manor Road, Toronto), Room 110, from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
The topics are as follows and are covered through fun and thought-provoking activities and discussions:
Settlement and employment, career choices, developing job search strategies, learning about employability skills needed to succeed in Canada with focus on soft skills, networking skills, building communications, active listening and self-marketing skills. These sessions will also provide an opportunity to practice and improve English language skills.
Here are more details that you may want to include along with the announcement:
- Newcomer participants should bring their PR cards for the first session
- We need minimum of 8 Syrian participants who will attend the event continuously so that the sessions are subsidized
- The duration of the program is 8 sessions (8 weeks, ending December 16)
- The duration of each session is approximately 2 hours
- It is strongly recommended to attend all 8 sessions to be eligible for the Certificate of Completion at the end
- * Participants may receive Free Two Week Pass to a gym in Scarborough Town Centre
Registration is complementary and interested participants are asked to please pre-register by emailing Armineh Boyadjian at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pre-registration is encouraged!